










We actually LOVED our hospital stay... minus the part where they gave our baby the wrong immunization and the part where my first breast-feeding specialist was a dude, oh and also the whole painful recovery from child-birth part... (a lot worse than I had anticipated)! Aside from those things we loved it. We loved that every nurse and aide seemed to be from another country. We loved that we could order Icee's from the cafeteria, we loved that our baby was with us the whole entire stay, we loved that they let Todd and I sleep in the same bed and never said a word, we loved that friends came to visit. I especially loved that my Dad surprised me and came down to visit us the first night, and Todd's parents made the journey that night as well. I love that my best friend Kim brought me an amazing care package complete with my favorite sugar cookies, she did my hair and stayed with me for what seemed like hours while me and my lovely male nurse Philip tried to work on my nursing abilities. We loved the endless flow of texts and calls from friends and fam. We loved that my Mom was there when we needed her. We loved that the midwife came to visit and just sat on my bed with us and we chatted like old friends. I loved the gloves full of ice and the oxycodone, I loved inwardly laughing at the different nurses bad habits and was just so happy to be the patient during the night shift. I love that Todd got me a big tear jerking picture of Jesus and a baby for my push present. Todd loved ditching school. But, mostly we just loved staring at our little baby girl and just being a family for the first time. We spent the majority of the time asleep just cuddling her and saying over and over again that we couldn't believe she was ours, and we couldn't believe how perfect she was, and couldn't believe how cute she was. Todd must have kissed us both 1,000 times in those first two days. I loved catching him randomly with wet eyes and his cute little content smile. Neither of us expected the love to be so intense. The love for Lucy, the love for each other, the love for our Heavenly Father.Those first days in the hospital were so special. But, now with Lucy all days seem special. We are so blessed.
2 comments:
It's so magical. Even all the weird stuff like male nurses and awkward placement of ice gloves...still magical. Congratulations again.
Once again you have me crying Suzy, I really shouldn't read your blog at work. I just wanted to tell you how inspiring it is reading your entries and how happy I am for you all! Can't wait to meet little Lucy!
Post a Comment