Nocturnal Tourettes


So, Todd is not typically a big cusser, but if you get him stressed out or tired enough he will swear like a sailor; but only in his sleep. On multiple occasions I have woken up to profanities being yelled to the darkness. I think we all remember the punching incident with the spiders, and my bleeding lip(a few posts back). But, the violent black outs have been replaced with something I like to call nocturnal tourettes. For example, last night Todd throws off the covers in a huff, sits straight up and yells "Oh Shit!" then calmly lays back down and goes back to sleep. "Oh hell"s mumbled in his sleep are very common, and if the dream is bad enough there has even been a few "get away from her you son of a... female dog" accompanied with a kung fu kick or two. He never remembers what his dreams about and rarely remembers the swearing incident in the morning. I'd love to see what a shrink could do with that.Ha,thanks babe for keeping me entertained both day and night. I love you and your uncharacteristic swearing fits.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Clark and I were in high school, we were hanging out at his house late one night watching a movie with his sisters. He was bored and went to bed, and I stayed to finish the movie. I go in to say bye and he sits straight up and starts screaming profanities at me, such as 'get the h out of here you son of a b' or something. What's with men and the paranoid sleep/dreams? Stay clear of the kung fu kicks Suzy, wouldn't want a repeat of your previous beating ;)!

Toshi's Tidbits said...

HAHAHAHAH - that's all i have to say!

Karin said...

Very Funny - Have you considered seperate beds? J/K

megan said...

Hey Suz! I just found your blog through Dantz's. Oh my gosh you crack me up!! I LOVE the song you wrote and your tennis match in your kitch is awesome. What have you been up to?

Chantelle said...

I can not stop laughing. I think you should try and catch it on video and then post it on here!

JJ said...

That's hilarious! Thanks for sharing. I wonder how he got along at sleepovers and campouts...

Clark said...

You look like Russel Simmons. I hope you don't leave your apartment in that suit, shirt, white hat combo. Wigg.

Michelle, Jack, Charlie, and Nick! said...

Oh my word Suzy you had Jack and I laughing so hard at this post...thanks for the laugh you two are too funny:)

The Pruitt Fam said...

Suz,
I think it is the FORD coming out in TODD!!! hahahaha Get him a Camo hat and a Four Wheel Drive and he will be one of the boys! hahahahaha Talk to Brenna, I know Sean used to sit up, eyes wide open and talk in the night......maybe she would have some insight for you! Hope you are still planning on playing the harp! Call me!
love ya
lisa