
Lets talk paint. I have issues(not that you don't already know that), but specifically paint pickage issues. I've had multiple paint catastrophes. 1st bad paint experience was at age 14. I begged my mom to let me redo my bathroom and ended up painting it orange and wallpapering it with a dollar store palm tree border(what the?). 2nd, I was 15. I begged my mom to let me paint my room pinkish tan... ended up looking similar to diluted pepto bismol puke. 3rd bad experiece, I was 16 I once again begged my mom to let me paint my room like a jungle, yes bright green with painted leafs, I even painted the doors. 4th, I was 20 and I begged Todd to let me paint our kitchen Bessie the motor home green, then repainted to bright red,WELCOME TO THE CIRCUS,redder than Todds bum the one time I made him go tanning;red. The one positive paint experience I had is when my wonderful sister in law Lyndi picked it for me(pony tail from Lowes). At this rate I am in line to be featured on HGTV's ugliest paint jobs It's time for an intervention. I'm starting in the living room. I've seen your homes they are beautiful, what are your living rooms painted? Don't hold out on me. SAVE US.
8 comments:
And then pass on all of the info you get---because I have the opposite issue. I'm a wimp. My walls are plain white...and we could use a little color around here.
I always love a bright color with a white trim, but that's if you really know the look you're going for. On the safe side you can always do a neutral like a tan or a sage....it will go with everything and then you probably wont need to repaint for a while. Oh but my fav, fav, is stripes... here's some examples.
http://www.thisyounghouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bathroom-horizontal-stripe-paint-project.jpg
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/archive/x1816460060/g276258ac40622dde301549f24d3c8869f758fc6cb68f0e.jpg
Good luck!
Suz,
Not much help on the paint issue but I wanted to tell you THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Harp playing!!! It was so beautiful and Lindsey and I both loved it so much! I know you recieved wounded hands and it was a long night of weird people but it really meant alot to us!!! we love you for it! So many people commented on how beautiful it was!!! LOVE THE HOUSE!!!! I would love to help decorate it!!!!!!! After the painting is down call me!! hhahahaha
well, you know this family is all about different shades of light blues for the walls
LOL Suzy you are hilsarious! Anytime I need a laugh I come to your blog just so ya know :) haha I would give ya some advice but i'm not a painter either!! ha good luck! Miss you!
Thanks for the reminder to update... I finally got around to it!
I don't have much painting experience, but I saw a super cute thing in some painter tape commercial. It two or three great big red squares in a row just on top of white walls. Each block then had a thin white border inside with a bright orange square inside of that...I don't know if that makes sense but it was fun, cute and different than anything I'd seen before...hope that helps!
Good Luck!
Suzy!!! I was so excited to see a comment from you on my blog! Whenever I read yours I laugh so hard. You are one of the funniest people I've even met! I miss being able to see you. I have no advice on the paint issue, as my painting experiences are about the same as yours. Not sure if you remember my blue & purple room from Junior High, or the green one from High School.... yea not so cute. But good luck. You will have to put up a picture on whatever you decide to do. Good Luck!
Post a Comment