Babies are cool

       Ummm.... how obsessed am I with little babies. VERY. I can't believe one of these cute little creatures is going to be mine in a few short weeks (or months, but whatever). This is my good friend Keeli's second little baby boy who is now a week old. She let me take a few (and or 400) pictures of him today. Being in her house was like being in a dream land. It was so serene and peaceful. The place was spotless, she already looked exactly like she did before she had the baby, her 2 year old was playing calmly in his toy room, Keeli's eyes did not look the least bit sleep deprived, her hair was done, her flipping bed was made, and she was nursing like she'd been doing it her whole life. And her mom wasn't even there. I came away feeling like... was that for real? Dangit, part of me wishes I could skip to baby two, then I would know what I was doing and be like Keeli. I want the first week of my babies life to be all clean house, serenity and breast feeding bliss. Oh well, I will continue to prepare for a cholicy baby, traumatic breast feeding a tornado house and possibly a little post-partum psychosis... that way anything short of those things I'll be pleasantly surprised.     

3 comments:

Chelsey Hymas said...

Umm maybe you will be visiting in Rexburg soon after I have my twins and you can take some of those INCREDIBLE pictures?? They look so good! When you have your baby, don't stress about all the stuff that doesn't matter, and enjoy being a mom! Trust me, no one will judge you if your hair isn't perfect, your bed isn't made, etc. Enjoy your precious little girl, cause that amazing newborn time is so short, you will miss it if you spend the time cooking, cleaning, and worrying about other things!

Suzy & Todd said...

and I'm dyslexic. Huntsman... not Huntmsan. shooot

Suzy & Todd said...

Thanks for the good advice. I hope for both of us the newborn part comes quickly and safely so we can both get done being pregnant! I can not even fathom having two bodies in there. You amaze me.