the 4th part one

I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about the fourth of July. It is the best day of the year next to Christmas Eve. I bought Lucy's fourth of July outfit when I was 3 months pregnant (she had four outfits for the fourth actually, I wanted a few outfit changes if needed) We almost made the biggest mistake of our lives by not going home to Rexburg this year, but my sister and Mom talked me out of it. Thank goodness we went, because the festivities did not disappoint. We started the day by the traditional fireman's breakfast in Archer. We made it through the door at 0859.. one minute to spare before they closed down the griddles. It was fabulous as always... we weren't really that hungry seeing as how Todd and I stopped at Dennys at 2:00 a.m on our way to Idaho, but it was still great. Then we hit up the parade where we never seem to watch any floats. We always ending up making out way down the parade route to see people we haven't seen forever and stopping to chat. This year we made it I think 100 yards in an hour... Todd knows everyone! We grabbed a sno shack with Rhett and this girl he is trying really hard to make his girlfriend and then went to Holmans for a barbecue. Sugar City might just be the cutest little patriotic town in the whole state. Thanks to Todds dad every street in the city is lined with flags. It's a perfect American postcard that little city.