3:30 a.m. ramblings

Lucy-
        Remember when I was going to blog about all of Lucys changes from month to month? Well... shoot. We got a little behind. Too bad her life is so poorly documented. Oh wait, she has had any where between 1 and 560 photos taken of her EVERY day since she was born. I think she will survive. There are a few things my trusty iPhone and Nikon can't catch just right however. I can't photography how she looks when she wakes up grinning up at me with sleepy eyes every morning. I can't seem to catch her perfect tiny little dimples when she smiles. I can't catch her constant babbling, or little giggles. I can't capture her chill moods where she just is content to sit and watch t.v with me, or sit and watch me make bows.I can't photograph the way she makes Todd and I feel like we are the luckiest two people in the world. I can't catch the feeling where you are so happy and so proud of your baby that you literally might burst into song and dance. I want to bottle this all up. I never want her to grow up... but alas she will, and she is. She is 4.5 months old now. She is still in newborn onesies, but the pants all look like Capri's. She is in the awkward in between where 0-3 month clothes are too big, but newborn stuff is getting a little tight. At four months she weighed 11.2 lbs and was in the 6th percentile. Her height was in the 25th percentile, and her head was in the 60th. What a smart, big noggined, skinny little babe we have. I wish I could report that she was a great sleeper. She was a champ when she was born, but now we have some issues. We have been trying something new that has made her day time nap times dreamy and fuss free. But night, is unfortunately a different story. The max she goes is usually 4-5 hours at a time. It's a little rough. It's crazy to believe that in four and a half months I have only slept 7 hours in one stretch, two times. Twice! How Heavenly Father helps us by giving us energy to do the day to day things on no sleep is a huge blessing of motherhood... the other thing he blessed us with is Dr.Pepper.
        I am not going to lie and say things are new mommy bliss 100% of the time. Babies cry hysterically sometimes. Babies throw up all over you more than sometimes, Babies sometimes don't want to be restrained in their car seats. Babies sometimes don't feel like sleeping when all their moms want is a tiny bit of shut eye after having been up 24 straight hours working. Babies sometimes cramp your marriage style you are used to and make it harder to find enough time with just your spouse. Babies also sometimes stretch your skin out so much you don't even recognize yourself from the neck down. And let's not forget that babies sometimes cause massive heaps of laundry.
        However, sometimes-- most of the time... 95% of the time babies are the best thing in the whole universe. I want a zillion of them (or... at least five).