Fall and Eden





Todd and I went on a little get away to Eden Utah this weekend. It was beautiful, wonderful and perfect. After hiking all day we went back to the condo and cooked Marsala chicken and fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp, of course Mountain Dew was the wine of choice, and scrumptious Toaster Strudels were for dessert. SO romantic I know. Anyways, you are all very lucky, because last week I found a book of school stuff from second grade. Because it is fall I am going to share with you a poem I wrote "In fall the leaves go red, I need more blankets on my bed. My mom makes me puts perms on my head. I like to go watch football, I like it when my friends call, and this is why I like fall." Very deep. I'm thinking of submitting it for publishing. I was even very intellectual back then... who knew?

6 comments:

Danielle and Brian said...

how fun! I wish we could go on a vacation like that!! it looks like you guys had so much fun! I love all the pictures

Clarissa Meegan said...

You were seriously in my backyard! Pat would love to move to Eden...if we could afford it. Maybe someday right?

Karin said...

Looks like fun! We are hoping to get away again for a little while during the Christmas holidays but of course we will be dragging 9 kids along so it might not be quite as romantic. Sweet poem by the way!

Lisa said...

Super cute pictures Suz! I love the poem. That was incredibly deep. It did actually remind me of fall though. Maybe it was the perm thing-my mom use to make me perm my hair in the fall too right after school started.

Chelsi said...

It was so good to see you last week! I love your fall pics...and, as an English Teacher, I would definitely have to give your poem an A

Melinda said...

Look at you little love birds!