Cancer Sucks


Cancer sucks, but I am loving my job and everything I am learning. A research doctor told us today that he thinks in 5 years how cancer is treated will be 90% different than it is now. For example, the leukemia my Granmda Robison died of can now be controlled with oral medications, no chemo or radiation. Just popping pills, and most people with that leukemia can live normal, active lives. WoW. I feel like I should be standing on the street corners preaching about not smoking and telling people the caution signs of cancer. Ha, I'm sure Todd is looking forward for my cancer prevention kick to end so I will allow him to go into the sun again, and I will stop spending our money on anti-oxidants and vitamins.

4 comments:

Toshi's Tidbits said...

SUZY!!!!!!! I am so PROUD OF YOU!!!!! I hope your new job is the most AMAZING JOB EVER!!
haha yeah, I can see todd counting the days.

and on a small side point. you know how people say most cancer kids are very optimistic about life, well, i have a 10th grader with cancer in my tap class at school and she is so so so so much fun!! she is full of life! and today she told us how her test results came back with terrible results, but she said it with the biggest smile on her face. then we said isn't that bad and she said, yep, but it has nothing to do with tap and it was irrelevant.
she is always so eager to learn and i wish more people that we not being sentenced to death because of mutated cells were more like her!

Lisa said...

I am glad you are learning so much at your job and enjoying it.

Jodee said...

I just have to tell you that the Huntsman Center is the best place in the whole world! They saved my grandpa's life and I don't think they could have done it anywhere else. They were also so good to us. I stayed a few nights in the family room. If I ever have cancer or if a close family member ever has cancer - and I pray it will never happen- I will be at the Huntsman Center in a heartbeat! I am so proud of you! If anyone can be around that it is you with your optimistic attitude!

Anonymous said...

our blog is private now! so send us your email address so we can add you to

cacheandlindswalker@gmail.com

thanks!