guardian angels

Just in case is sounds like I hate my job, I hope everyone knows I really love it. Today I found a present in the breakroom with my name on it. Everyone said it had been sitting there since Christmas Eve. It was then most beautifully illlustrated book called "the night before Christmas" Inside the cover is written "Our dear Suzy. We are so grateful that you so tenderly watched over Clint last year, especially around christmastime. He loved you so much, now it is his turn to watch over you. We will always remember "the night before Christmas" we spent with you. Love Dave and Kathy Layton.

Last Christmas eve I was lucky enough to be working. At the first of my shift Clint said with tears in his eyes, I prayed that you would be my nurse tonight. I spent Christmas eve in his room reading scriptures with his family and we all took turns sharing our testimony of Christ. It was one of my most treasured Christmas memories. Clint died three months later. I do know that he is watching over me. Along with many other people I have grown to love. I know I have this job for a reason, I know that because of it I have many angels watchign over me, and I have many angels to watch over here on this earth. Maybe that is why things seem to just work out for me. I have alot of guardian angels on the other side...

1 comment:

Karin said...

In case you don't already know it - you are amazing. Obviously your patients know it - I'm sure your co-workers know it and of course Todd knows it. Just thought you should too! Have a good day!