I am very proud to say that we only came out -15 dollars from our Vegas trip. Much better than we have done in the past. This is mostly thanks to Sahara's 1 dollar blackjack tables always being packed and never having enough seats for Todd and I. I'm still super bitter and am thinking about writing a letter. The high lite of the vegas trip was definitely the New Mexico vs BYU, or should I say vs Jimmer game. Jimmer had his career high of 52 points that game. The crowd was crazy, and everywhere you looked there was a number 32 jersey. Todd wore his with pride. All six of us were decked out in BYU gear.I thought of Aunt Pat often, especially when signing the BYU song, thinking of watching her do the raw raw raw part even when she was so sick on the couch. Made me miss her alot.
I thought state basketball last weekend was intense. NO COMPARISON to this game. We were all screaming and jumping and high fiving, and at one point I believe Todd was massaging the shoulders of the construction working UNLV fan in front of us??? At another point Zach was jumping up and down with more enthusiasm then a junior high cheerleader. I have serious concerns that Kellen may have shaken baby syndrome after having been jostled so much during the game. We pulled out a win. We all felt so stoked that we were at that historic game. Todd hasn't stopped talking about it since and finds a way to casually slip it into his conversation with every person he talks to... yes that includes the student loan office from the U.
That night was full of side splitting laughter. Everything was so random, we loved walking around and having strangers yell "Jimmer" and "Go Cougs", we loved being stalked by someone who thought he was Wyatts BF for life, we loved our Cheesecake factory food and the freaky talking gargoyle, we loved the view from the Stratosphere, we loved the BYU Bomber shirts people were wearing, we loved losing 15 bucks in two minutes...okay didn't so much love that part. Then that night, we loved our nice hotel beds. (Except for Dan who had to sleep on the floor)
Vegas day two was full of shopping, and laughing and depression as BYU got worked by San Diego. We ate at the Rio buffet and cracked crab legs and ate gelato till our hearts were content. The casinos were all packed so someone came up with the genius idea to go gamble in Mesquite instead...
Mesquite= more packed than Vegas, and we were all pretty tired since we arrived there at 2:00 a.m. We decided we could drive all the way home that night. After twenty minutes past Mesquite we decided that we couldn't. We spent forty five minutes trying to find the cheapest motel in St George. We did it... we found the cheapest. The Knights Inn baby. It was one of those creepers that you drive up to and that boasts having "weekly rates"--- I'm sure hourly rates too. Not the worst Todd and I have stayed at, but pretty bad. We got to our room to find a suspicious crusted substance on the blankets....so freaking disgusting. So we high tailed it out of there after laughing our heads off and made it to the next town. When the night finally ended at 4:17 a.m. I found myself in a King size bed with Me, Todd, Wyatt and Ashley. I ended up with my hands on Ashleys chest all night, and Todd had two night terrors where I had to prevent him from hitting the others in the bed. Zach, Lyndi and Kellen were only inches away from us on their little cot. We slept for six hours and headed back to real life. That was Todd and I's fifth trip to Vegas and probably the most fun one yet. Gotta Love the Vegas.
4 comments:
I just want to let you all know that #1 it sounded so fun!!!!and #2 Eddie and Lindsey have singed basketballs from Jimmer!!!! Lindsey's even says "Lots of Love" Jimmer! Eddie has his displayed in a glass case in our front room!!!!! hehehehe. Next time.....we would like to be invited! Love ya
SHUTUP!!!!! We are so jealous! Tell Eddie he better have that thing locked up or Todd will come steal it!
suzy you are soooo HOT! remember when we were in provo and we walked by that couple making out? and those boys asked us where we going? ohh boy.
Suzy and Todd, I am still in denial that the Cougs lost. I want to watch Jimmer every day. Next time the cousins take a sports road trip I need to know about it. Lets pray that Jimmer lights it up in the NBA.
Jordan
Post a Comment