This weekend Sherry came to my house after a P.E Teachers conference in San Diego. She was telling us stories of her trip. She told us how she went to a class to learn how to "krump."She explained that she "battled" with other teams while she was krumping. If you don't know what that is, google it. I just couldn't help thinking, I have the coolest mother-in-law in the world. I know that she was probably front and center rockin it out during the Zumba classes she took, and I'm sure all the young girls around her were jealous. She is training for a marathon right now for petes sake! This woman is one of those people you look at and think, man I want to be like her. She is crazy! At the conference she went to she just covered her P.E teachers badge and walked herself right back stage to meet all the important people and celebrities. I'm telling you she is HANDS DOWN the most confident woman I know. So when Todd tells me I remind him of his mom, it is the biggest compliment he can pay me. But, also living up to the high high standard his mom set for me is a daunting task.
I could not have hand picked a better mother-in-law for me. God knew what he was doing when he paired us two up. She is exactly what I need. She doesn't make me feel stupid for not knowing how to make gravy, or set up a tent and never tries to meddle in Todd and I's life. She always tells me I look cute, and is constantly teaching me something new. We get no judging comments from her, just love. From what I hear that is rare in a mother-in-law. I am glad that she taught Todd that it is okay for women to have opinions. Because, our strong opinions are something Sherry and I have in common. I'm glad she taught him to be proud of who he was, I'm glad she taught him to respect and be tender with women, and I'm glad she raised the best man I know. Todd always tells me the stories of just him and his mom hanging out at home, or running errands together. He says that everyone would be sitting around watching T.V and she would always yell for Todd to come help her. He always asked "why do I always have to be the one to help you?" She said, because I know you will always do it. I'm glad she raised such a dependable boy for the both of us. Sherry, I love and appreciate you more I could ever say. You will always be a rockstar in my eyes.
2 comments:
Suzy you couldn't have described our mother in law better. She is indeed amazing. We are blessed to live close and she and Bryce are so great with our kids. I too am grateful for the example she was and is to her children and grandchildren. I am constantly amazed at her willingness - she is Cassidy's beehive advisor and I could not have hand picked a better person.
I am also amazed by you Suzy and look up to you in many ways. I would love to see you more often.
Suzy thanks for your cute comment on my blog about little Char Char. She is pretty amazing. Love your posts and by the way, you and Todd are going to have adorable munchkins I just know it. Plus they will be the funniest children around.
Post a Comment