Recycle for Jesus

Sunday is our favorite day of the week, probably not totally for the right reasons. Sunday always proves to be filled with comedy that keeps us going for the rest of the week. Today there were some real gems in testimony meeting. Our favorite was a woman who talked about how her whole family came down with the flu, and she couldn't help but think today that the gospel was just like that diarrhea that her whole family caught, that it just spreads and people can catch it. I wish I could have captured Todds face.... we were so immature and couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes! Then in primary we talked about service and what we could do for others, because as we all know "When you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are only in the service of your God." We asked them to write down how they were going to serve Jesus this week. And one little boy raised his hand and said "I'm going to recycle for Jesus" another boy said "I'm going to watch a movie with my mom for Jesus this week." So cute.

We gave our kids packets to fill out during general conference and one boy brought his back with notes he had taken from EVERY SINGLE talk. He wrote down what songs we sang, and had the whole church statistical audit report written down. He took notes on EVERY talk. It just melted Todd and I's hearts looking at that packet in the cutest little kids handwriting. After church we took him a cupcake and told him how much he inspired us. It was so fun to see his little eyes light up when he came to the door.

Now, we get to eat our homemade cafe rio pork, nap, and go for a walk around the park. I love that Sundays are different than any other day. We HearT SunDAys.

1 comment:

JennaDredge said...

Aren't fast and testimony meetings the best?! I had a guy in my ward last year stand up and start singing his testimony. I had my head in my lap with tears running down my face.