Our Bubble

There was a guy on the bachelorette that said something that I think perfectly fits Todd and I. It is what I think of Todd and I, but never could come up with the right words. He said something like "I want to live in this un-realistic bubble where we think that we are more in love than anyone has ever been, in the whole world." The minute he said it, I was like that is EXACTLY how I feel. Today that feeling was magnified even more. Todd had to give a talk in church, and I worked the night before and just woke up to go to his talk. The guy before him ended 7 minutes before he was supposed to, so Todd went to bat early and I missed the whole first of his talk. Apparently he had explained this or something to the congregation. When I walked in and sat down he was in the middle of quote and he looked up and saw me and got this huge grin on his face and so "oh hey, there she is...hi and then waved at me." I waved back, and he went right back to his talk. He was giving examples of choices that we had made together, and big dillemas we had gone through and how many nights we would pray together to make the right decisions. At the end he started his last story by chuckling and saying "this story reminds me so much of Suz," the story was about a little girl who bought these darling shoes, but there were a size too small. She bought them anyway because they were so cute (I have been guilty of this on one or more occasion.) I just started up at him with this stupid little smile and SOOO much pride and happiness, thinking he is talking about me! About our life, about choices we have made together. I had no idea what he was going to say in his talk, and felt so flattered that most of his examples included both of us together. It reminded me of his mission homecoming talk when he started his talk off by saying "it's been a great day, I woke up to a beautiful sight, have my family here and..." Me and my family snickered because we knew he was talking about me, we may or may not have fallen asleep together the night before. I knew that day, that I wanted to marry that boy....

Anyways, Todd finished two minutes early and then the bishop asked me to come bear my testimony, which is basically one of my nightmares come true because I looked so homely. The whole walk to the podium all I could think was, I look so gross, oh my gosh I didn't even get ready, I was mortified... Trauma-rauma for sure. But, I pulled it out and was happy there were only two minutes to fill. Todd laughed his head off when I sat down, he knew that it was killing me that I didn't get ready. Afterward a lady came up to us with tears in her eyes and "You two just tear me up, I couldn't stop crying through your whole talk, you two for some reason, just tear me up. I just love you (pointing to Todd) so much, and I don't know you Suzy, but I just am overwhelmed with how much I love both of you." She made my WHOLE day, and made me forget that I stood in front of the whole congregation with little makeup on and my hair in a slick back ponytail.

We spent a perfect few hours together after church before I had to go to work, doing all of our favorite Sunday things. The sun was shining, our sunday dinner was amazing, and I could not have asked for a better day in our Todd and Suzy bubble.

3 comments:

RACHAEL said...

i love that sooo much!! i'm so happy you are so happy :] i was watching the bachelorette too and when he said that i thought, "that's us! that's us!"

LOVEEEEEEEEEEESUZZZZZZY!!!!!!!!!!!

McArthurs said...

Todd and Suzy, we were sad that we left Cleveland right before you guys were going to be coming through there. Your trip sounded so fun, and relaxing, and hilarious. I loved your song! And your Sunday story was so cute.

The Raguskus Family said...

you are adorable Suzy! i think you guys have a fun "bubble!"