Last week we took a little girls trip to Vegas to celebrate one of my BF Jenna's 25th birthday. The lineup included Me, Kim, Jenna, Mallory, Haily and Heather. I had worked 60 hours the week before the trip and I was SOO tired, ya know the tired where you can't stop laughing and everything is the funniest thing you've ever heard--tired. I was this tired the whole weekend, which just made everything that much more fun. I haven't laughed till I cried so much in such a short period of time I don't think ever. The trip started out awesome with us girls packed into the most uncomfortable two door car ever made, jammin to the Spice Girls. Topics included...well never mind probably shouldn't blog those topics. Then we arrived and immediately unpacked and headed for the pool where a man acted like he was reading, but was really listening to our conversations for an hour, he didn't change the page on his kindle one time! We all got ready in one hotel room(think Madison State Basketball minus the red and white paraphernalia)and then went to Recycled Percussion show . We had VIP tickets which included all the free drinks we wanted, so we loaded up on Shirley Temples and watched the show. Jenna got called up on stage and had to wear a cow mask and do tricks with drum sticks. After, we met the band- where the band obviously fell madly in love with all of my friends. Numbers were exchanged and that landed a few of my friends hanging out with them in the Tropicana at 2:00 a.m and that landed me and another friend at the penny slots pretending my name was Star waiting for their pointless conversations about eyeliner and tattoos to end. Their conversations gave us very funny material to laugh about... not a totally wasted hour. After a few blisters in our high-heeled feet and alot of people watching on the strip we called it quits and went to bed around 4:00.
The next days itinerary included alot of pool time! Thanks to a friend we got VIP passes to the Trump pool, we got those cool round sun beds and everything. Once again my friends were flocked with cute boys offering to buy drinks. What a life right? It was times like this where I was INSANELY happy that I was married and I didn't have to bear the awkward flirting. Thank you Todd. Then, after a few hours agonizing over outfits and hair we were ready to hit the strip. We hit up Serendipity, the Sugar Factory and the Miracle Mile Mall. We meandered into the Belagio where once again we were bombarded with groups of boys. This was where the night got FUN! Heather, Mallory and I made it a mission to scare off all the boys by our dance moves, or by our sheer craziness. It was a HOOT! We got back to the hotel and slept for and hour and a half then I had to catch a flight back to SLC so I could work the night shift that night. I literally slept from take off to landing. Mouth wide open and all... can you say exhaustion? I'm fairly certain that I'm coming down with something from lack of sleep, and I'm not sure my feet will ever recover from wearing heels, but it was SO worth it.
I would like to thank the Spice Girls, obese woman at pool #1,CPK, Mayton,our spirit animals, Buzz (our morning waitress), Justin from Recycled Percussion, the Brazilian man at the Belagio (actually he should thank me... thanks to me blowing on his dice a few times I won him 1,000 dollars--exactly like the movies!) the Hard Rock Cafe girls, the Chinese kids car and the midget naughty girl card lady for making our Vegas trip one for the record books!!!
2 comments:
Sooooo fun! That picture at the top is awesome!
If you're ever anywhere by me, would you take a family photo? I would pay you. We need one. Bad.
Love this. I wanna go back.
Post a Comment