Robison Reunion 2011

 fire DSC_0393 DSC_0416   DSC_0289

DSC_0302We only got to be at the Robison Reunion for one and half days, but they were good good days. We slept in the motor home with my parents and Lincoln the first night. We slept there on our week long trip to Nauvoo two years ago. I have NO idea how we did that for a week. It was SOO uncomfortable, we were awake basically the whole night laughing because every time anyone would move the motor home would shake like crazy. One of those times you are so tired that everything is hysterical, and to make it more funny you can’t laugh loud. So fun. Those of you who know Todd know that Todd LOVES fires. So when Todd saw the homemade fire ring my dad had made out of old farm equipment he was in heaven. What Dad is cool enough to think of a discer and an old tractor rim to make a sweet fire pit. That’s mine. Just our fam sat around for a while, then my cousins came to join in. Dallas played guitar and we all sang songs with him. It was perfect. It’s special to be back with the people that I have such a bond with. Todd and I stayed at the fire until it fizzled out. We laughed and cried as I told him stories about my Aunt Pat and sang the song I wrote her a few years ago. Being around my cousins and Aunts always is great, but that emptiness of AP not being around just plain sucks. I think she was probably there though.

There is so much I want to remember about the reunion. Hailey and Sammy and I jumping around in the bathroom, watching everyone play volleyball, watching a hilarious doubles tennis match between Todd,Dan,Zach and Lyndi, the sunset on the lake, seeing everyone be so sore from wakeboarding,dressing up in whatever we could find to go to church in Island Park, having sacrament on the lawn with 100 other people,riding Dads Harley through the trees, sun-burnt and mosquito bitten little kids, listening to my cousins get ready to go to Yellowstone, seeing my Mom so happy to have her family in a place she loves so much. It was a great weekend and a good reminder of how much I love my family.

No comments: