And we camp…

333 peyt1 DSC_0107 8 DSC_0021 copy 556DSC_0041  7 DSC_0005

Every year the Holmans have a big camp out where we go up in the mountains and cut Bryce and Sherrys wood supply for the year. I seriously look forward to it every summer. I went camping ONCE as a child. My dad drove our motor home (affectionately named Bessie) up into the woods and we parked it and spent the night “camping.” It rocked. This Holman extravaganza is nothing like that. It is legit camping and I LOVE it (my love for camping has an expiration of about 48 hours, and luckily this trip doesn’t typically exceed that). My favorite part was just chillin’ around the campfire talking and eating amazing dutch oven food. Close second was the few hours we spent at the worlds most infectious but coolest swimming joint Green Canyon, and my third favorite part was probably laying in the element looking out the moon roof and seeing the stars. However, I have to briefly mention other awesome parts, like the nocturnal beating incident. It’s okay only a slight bruise on the right arm this time…no blood (todd doesn’t sleep well in new places). Also, the part where I tried to hold my bladder all day and night so I wouldn’t have to brave it in the woods. And also noteworthy are the 38 mosquito bites on my right leg. It’s fine I’ve almost scratched to the bone, but no big deal. Can’t wait for next year clan! Maybe by then I’ll be able to get this dirt out from under my fingernails.   

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We have the same expiration with camping. I just start feeling gross.

The Raguskus Family said...

sounds like you had a GREAT time!

Dan & Brooke said...

Sue, your pics are cute! You do a real good job! My favorite, of course, is Peyton in the dutch oven! I did not even pull out my camera, so I am really hoping to get some of your pics.

RACHAEL said...

you look sooo cute in that plaid shirt.