J.F

Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.


J.F was an amazing woman. She lived her life by the motto that you should give everything you are doing 100%, if you aren't going to do that, don't do it at all. Thats why she has had 5 bone marrow transplants (a record for this hospital) and has spent the last 5 years giving her 100% to fighting cancer. She told her kids that she wanted to die in the hosptial, because she would fight till her very last breath. And she did... until her very last breath. I loved this little lady, even though she was constantly confused and couldn't recognize me from Adam I loved her.I had the honor of taking care of her alot over the past month and also on her last night on earth. Caring for someone who is passing is always a very tender time, especially when you have come to know and love the patient and their family soo much. You can kiss your patient on the forehead and hold their hands for an hour and it's perfectly okay. I had such a special night, but the part I loved most was that J waited to go until her family was in a great mood. There was music playing in the room, everyone was laughing and thats when she decided to make her quiet exit. It was beautiful and perfect. Thank you J for all you taught me. You have touched my life for good.

7 comments:

RACHAEL said...

that's so sweet suzy. it is experiences like that that make it all worth it and that really change us forever. you are the best nurse!

JJ said...

I honestly don't know how you do it. It takes a special soul to be able to do what you do but you are PERFECT for the job and I believe that the people you work for consider you a special blessing in their lives.

Thank you for sharing.

Ashley said...

I'm sure the families are grateful for nurses like you who care so much. I know the nurses who went out of their way to show us they cared about Preslee made a huge impact on our family. We actually still talk about our favorite "Nurse Leslie" I'm grateful people like you choose to go into nursing, because I could never do it!

thepruittfam.blogspot.com said...

I found it funny that I decided to check your blog today and found this sweet post waiting for me....considering this is Aunt Pat's birthday!!! I miss her so much but I am so grateful for the time we shared together with her!!!! It is truly a love we will always cherish! People like her and this sweet lady you took care of our definetley blessings to all of us! By the way CONGRATS MOMMY!!!!

Karin said...

Awe Suzy you are such a great nurse - Although I never want to be your patient - I would love to have you for my nurse. love you lots - Karin

JennaDredge said...

Every nurse needs to be like you, Suz. This post made me teary eyed. You are amazing. Love you!!

The Raguskus Family said...

You were a perfect nurse for her that night. I am sad I wasn't here since Monday and didn't have a chance to say goodbye to her family...you are amazing Suzy!