What an awesome weekend we had with our favorite people. It's so fun to have both my little brothers home for a little while. We went on walks, hot-tubbed (I just dangled my legs in), talked, took pictures, watched movies, played cards, watched sports,ate ribs at an amazing little lodge, made fun of each other, got Rhett caught up on technology, and of course snow machined.
I'm not exactly sure why I always want to go snow machining with Todd. The ride usually always entails me shouting profanities at Todd and kidney punching him vigorously until he slows down. Our first ride of the year was just this. To get the the trails you cross a frozen lake in front of the cabin... supposedly "frozen". Todd thought it would be fun to go at least 300 miles per hour across the slushy lake. The whole way across I'm screaming and punching and yelling at him for trying to kill our baby, and does he even slow down a bit..... no. We finally slow down long enough for me to bust out my fake cry so he knows how scared and upset I am and he just laughs with his mischievous little grin and says "Oh, I thought you were just having fun." It kind of sinks that after 5 years of marriage, he can tell now when the crying is fake...shoot. After only a few more jumps and turns up on one ski he got another dramatic outburt from me and a vow to never get on a snow machine with him again. Once again, he just laughed. However, he took the second ride easy on me and we had a lovely little jaunt in the woods... and I got to drive across the lake. All's well that ends well.
|
2 comments:
Todd- you look like you have no eyebrows.
That awesome one-piece number you are rockin brings back some great memories. Haha. I can't wait to meet your babe, shouldn't she be here already, this is taking forever.
Post a Comment