Traveling with a toddler is something else. We missed the train to the airport (luckily another one came twenty minutes later). I never want to forget Todd sprinting as fast as he could from the car holding a car seat, a diaper bag and his duffel bag on his back. Dad life... man how times have changed. 

Lucy thought the airport was pretty cool, and kept saying "plane." We sat by the cutest Asian lady on the plane, who sort of smelled like my Hospice patients did before they die and chanted scriptures to herself in an unknown language the whole flight. But, she loved Lucy. She did not speak a lick of english. She gave Lucy a $5 bill, a cough drop, and something that resembled a rice krispy treat. The thoughtfulness of strangers blows me away sometimes.

Comfort Dental, the company we dream of working for someday took care of booking our flights and put us up in this great hotel.
It was a wonderful weekend of being woo'd by the company. We had looked into Comfort Dental quite a bit, and Todd shadowed a Comfort dentist for a few days last summer. It sounded like a great fit, so we went to their "partnership exploration" meeting at their corporate headquarters. The invitation said spouses were welcome. There was NO way, I was going to miss the meeting. Dental school has always been a team effort for us. I didn't want to miss out on anything said, and wanted to hear about our potential future for myself. You better believe I was the only wife there (we think this played out to our advantage because together we know how to work our magic :) We somehow got our way into the CEO and mastermind behind the companies office and had an awesome thirty minute chat that definitely left a huge impression on us. That night at dinner, the CEO insisted that we sit by he and his wife and our great conversations continued. We are totally sold on the company, but we are also totally sold on Dr. Kushner the founder of the whole thing. We love him, his wife and his vision. That night at dinner, we also sat by a regional rep from Ohio. I never in my life would have ever considered Ohio an option for us. I was all Colorado or bust. But, something really clicked with this conversation. Todd and I went back to the hotel high on dreams of living in the country with a big red barn, and making the money we always dreamed of. All while spending weekends exploring that side of the US and raising our handful of babies. We have toured the west quite a bit and think a five year adventure living near the East would be awesome. Todd will be going on to Ohio in July to see what the opportunities really are out there and meet the people. It is blowing my mind that school is winding down. Todd has been a student all 7 years of our marriage. I'm kind of stoked for that to end.






1 comment:
I am soooo happy for you/excited for you/jealous of you!!!! Go Todd and Suzy!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment