WELCOME ADDY LOU


Addyson Lou Stoddard was born September 27th, 5 lb 6 oz and 18 inches. She is gorgeous and perfect. It's a good thing Brooke is the toughest most hard core girl I know, because she didn't have time for an epidural or any pain meds. She did it like pioneer. Seriously, I'll be honest with all of you. I am freaked out to have a baby. I had a highly traumatic experience while I was in nursing school. Something about a stoned husband, a screaming laboring mother head banging herself against my stomach, a 7 inch episiotomy without narcotics, and then a very blue baby to show for the ordeal. It was rough. How anyone goes through labor is beyond me. Speaking of hard core women who can have babies, my mom had to deliver her own baby (Clarissa) while she was home by herself with three children locked in another bed room. Ya, WOW. To all of you women who have had children, I want you to know I think the world of you. I may someday join your ranks. Until then, lets spare me any stories about non working epidurals, 13 lb babies, any stories including the words "episiotomy"or "stitches". Lets leave those out. CONGRATS BROOKE and DAN. ADDY LOU is PERFECT.

3 comments:

Dan & Brooke said...

Thank you for the shout out. We think she is perfect too. One day you will have a beautiful perfect baby too. And yes we are glad she wasn't 13 lbs! She is just the right size. We love you guys!!

Karin said...

Just remember Suze epidurals usually work, 13lb babies are extremely rare, and episiotomies (yeah I can never spell that) are your friend! Besides that whatever the circumstance once they lay that sweet, pink, naked little bundle on your chest it's all worth it! But you're right little Addylou is perfect and sweet and just right for her parents! Good luck on the job this week, you will be awesome, thanks for always being one step a head of me so I have some one for a role model! Love ya!

Powell's Place said...

Don't you love how everyone tells you their horror stories, or their next-door neighbor's sister's cousin's horror story? I'm always like, "People, if you want me to have a baby, quit telling me all the bad stuff that comes with it and give me some freakin sunshine!"