Theme Night Thursdays




Theme night Thursdays had to be moved up to Wednesday this week cause I have to work tomorrow. Tonight's theme was "few of my favorite things." I forced Todd to watch the Sound of Music... forced being key word. He made fun of everything about it, he especially loved the part where all the kids are swinging in the trees in their curtain outfits, and also the 12 minute gazebo dance. In exchange for three hours of torture he got to go to Wendy's. Then the next on the favorite things list was a horchata from Bajios. And a trip to Trolley Square where we did back flips across the trolley bridge. It was a great theme night Thursday... or Wednesday. Oh and I triple dog dare any of you to try to get your husbands to watch Sound of Music... good luck.

7 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

I made Pat watch the sound of music once...we were dating, so he didn't really have a choice. He wouldn't ever watch it again.

*T-O-Double D: totally impressed with the flippage.

Anonymous said...

I guess my husband is special, cause he loves the Sound of Music! Sounds like you guys are finding time for the usual Holman craziness; we should do a double date soon before we have a baby to bring! Pei Wei?

Lisa said...

I like the theme night idea. Luke actually likes Sound of Music, but he's sworn me to absolute secrecy on that-oops! I make fun of him all the time.

Dan & Brooke said...

That is so funny cuz Dan has been trying to get me to watch the sound of music for about a month because I have never seen the whole thing. I have only seen the ending about 5 times when they are trying to leave the country and they sing that farewell song. I wont rent it (spend $ on it) so he has been trying to find someone that owns it. So Todd, I am proud of you for watching it. Must be a real man! I am still at heart a Wholeman! :)

Karin said...

Barry told me once that he likes that movie, but we haven't watched it yet! You guys always do the funnest stuff, we really need to get more creative with our dates. The idea of each getting to pick favorite things is fun, my luck I'd end up on the back of his dirt bike doing 80 or something! Cass and I are coming down the weekend of the 15th of November, hope to see you then.

Danielle and Brian said...

hahaha yeah right Suz!! Although he totally owes me with all the football, baseball, GOLF and everything I watch with him! haha you are so funny!! We need to start fun traditions! How is work going!?

Powell's Place said...

I watched The Sound of Music yesterday while doing laundry and stuff and Curtis kept piping in with weird sayings to the songs like, "These are a few of my little gay friends" and "I am sixteen and I'm gonna be a lesbian." Ya, it gets hard to watch anything around him. He calls Gilmore Girls the Gilmore Whores. Needless to say, I've started shutting the door whenever I think I'm watching something he would make fun of.