U.E

Just spent the last hour manually irrigating NS in and out of my patiets bladder trying to get a clot the size of a dime out of his urethra. He is my favorite patient I've had in a long time, which means he probably will be one I will get super attached to and then he pass away. Not one of those who I have developed a really really special bond with have survived through transplant. Anyways we were having a ball in there, I was singing to his clots trying to charm them out of his bladder and he was teasing me that I was literally crazy and kept pretending to call the psych ward. His wife had a baby last week and I was his nurse that day, we spent the whole day wheelchairing up and down to the maternity floor to visit his wife. He got to be there through the labor, he puked through the whole thing and literally looked like a dead person when it was over, but he was there holding her hand. I was standing outside the door when she had the baby, my patient called me in about 3 minutes after she was born. It was really really special. I made their baby a little pink rag quilt, it turned our really cute. I will always remember him and I am praying every hour that God will give him a miracle. It looks grim right now, only time will tell the will of the Lord. I do know that he and his family have forever touched my heart.

No comments: