Things I want to remember from my weekend: Todd and I finally got rid of our 1812 olive green washer and dryer. We bought a new one on KSL. The most terrible but best part of my day was when we were hauling the new ones up the stairs. Todd always seems to think I can do anything he can. Its cute that he has so much confidence in me, but it turned out to be quite the project. We got it out of the element (which Todd has named the Jimmer because it is compact and fast and awesome like Jimmer)we would walk three steps with the washer and I would make a comment like "I just pulled a muscle" and would put it down then another three steps and I'd say "babe my fingers are breaking, like really we need to stop" then another step then "Todd I really can't do this for real" one of our many put downs I somehow got my head stuck in between the rock pillar and the washer I started saying "ow ow ow" and so Todd put down his side of the washer and ran over to help me, then started laughing because my head was pinned and I was being so dramatic about it. We got out of the position and kept hauling that beast up the stairs. We had to keep stopping because we both would start laughing and I can't laugh that hard and hold something that heavy. It took us one hour to get the washer from the Jimmer upstairs. We then layed in bed and talked about how happy it was to be listening to the beautiful pur of the new washer.
I also want to remember how one of Todds scouts kept looking at Todd while he was passing the sacrament for the first time. He kept looking to Todd to make sure he was doing it right. Todd gave him thumbs up and the kid smiled and it just warmed my heart.
One more thing I want to remember was going coupon shopping at target together. I have way to much pride to go alone to do something like that so Todd came with me and we were like little kids as the register would ring up our deals. We were so excited. Todd laughed at me that I wanted to dress up cute to go so that the check out person wouldn't think we were so poor that we needed to coupon. Pride issue? Ya I think so...As we were leaving Todd was taking the cart back to Target and I saw him walking to the back of the parking lot to get a few stray carts and bring them back in. Who does this? Seriously.
1 comment:
Suzy! So glad you made you blog not private, we miss you! It's so good to read about what you and Todd have been up to, you guys are the cutest ever I think. You are so brave working where you do, but maybe we're a little alike, my favorite job was working with Alzheimer's patients. And Todd is the best for doing the kitchen, what a guy! Clark used to teach a the Sunday school class for the 15/16 year olds, and those boys used to look at him the same way at church; we got lucky with our Mocambique men. Good luck with dental school, we changed our blog to clarkanderinjones.blogspot.com. Love ya!
Post a Comment