Road Trip Day 1

Day one: 13 hours drive time, 832 miles covered, 4 states, 5 innings of baseball, 4 tanks of gas, 2 minor quarrels about organization (don’t judge us-- I worked all night, and Todd stayed up late preparing) and one AMAZING dinner at Stuebens restaurant later, we successfully made it through our first day. We were tickled to death when everything actually fit in the car. (I have a different outfit for all 28 days) Todd made me a little bed and I slept the whole way to Denver. We fell in LOVE with Denver the second we drove into the city. It looks like you are going to drive straight into the pitchers mound on Coors field. We saw the lights and the people and realized there was a Rockies game going on. We were BEYOND stoked because two home town boys Clayton Mortensen and Matt Lindstrom were in the bull pen. Matt actually pitched an inning and went three up, three down. We went and yelled at Clayton in the bull pen and he waved. I told EVERYONE around me that I grew up with Clayton and that we were really good family friends. It was weird to see him in a Colorado Rockies uniform, instead of the Madison Cats one I grew up watching him in. Freaking CRAZY that he is in the big leagues. Go Morty. After the game we drove three or four more hours until we finally settled down for the night. You could say night one didn’t go completely as expected. We had a harder time fitting everything in the front two seats than we originally anticipated. It was really fun though, plus or minus the part that we were dead tired and I had a minor panic attack because I thought we were trapped in the car, and having to brush my teeth with contact solution. Overall though, day one was awesome. I thought it would be hard to drive that long, but we breezed right through it just chatting and singing the whole way. I can’t wait to see what day 2 holds!Picture to come tomorrow hopefully, 3G can only do so much...

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I can't believe you got to see the rockies play! INCREDIBLE timing. Still so jealous. Love the teeth brushing scenario. Can't wait to hear about every day. Keep it up!