27 Days of Todd

171726_660819172854_193308902_35972749_993117_o

        I love this picture because you can tell we are both smiling. Todds 27th birthday is right around the corner. I wanted to write down something I love about Todd, or Todd and I every day. Today I was remembering when my obsession with Todd Holman began. It actually started before our first kiss, but our little kiss in the rain sealed the deal. We had been hanging out NON STOP for 2 weeks before Todd kissed me, or I kissed him... we are not exactly positive which was which. It was 11:30 p.m on a weekday and it was time for me to go home from Bryces house (I was only 17 and had a curfew--lame). I HATED that nights ever had to end. So in attempt to stretch our hang out a little longer I called him after I got in my car and asked him if he knew where any good puddles were because it was raining like crazy. He said "ya follow me." So I drove in my car and followed him to a little intersection right behind the Sugar Salem High School. Todd stopped in the middle of the road and got out of his car and came back to my window. He said something to the effect of "well, we are here,something something something" that I don't remember then mid sentence he kissed me... or I kissed him. One of us went 90 and the other went 10, we can't agree on who actually pulled the trigger. Then he pulled me out of the car to jump in the puddles. So with our headlights beaming on us and the rain pourin down we jumped around in puddles, we kissed, we danced, we laughed until Todd reminded me that I probably should go home. I hurriedly jumped in my car and pushed the "2" on my speed dial to tell Kim that he had finally kissed me. Todd just told me a few weeks ago that he called his best friend right up to tell him too. Apparently, Bryce wasn't near as excited as Kim. I think I knew that night that I was going to marry Todd Holman. While he was on his mission I got confused for a minute, but really I always knew. Babe, here's to an eternity of kissing in the rain.

1 comment:

Poetry said...

That is very beautiful.