Todd the Mayor

Something I admire about Todd is he makes friends so easily and keeps friends forever. I thought I would never meet anyone that knew as many people as my Dad. It used to bug me like crazy that wherever we would go it would take us hours to leave because my Dad was always talking to someone. Welp, I think Todd might almost have my Dad beat. Last week at the 4th of July parade in Rexburg people that I grew up with would come talk to Todd, not to me-- to Todd. I kept saying, how do you even know these people? They are MY people. Everyone Todd meets becomes his person. We always joke that Todd is running for town mayor, if he see's someone he knows he will always go shake their hands, or give them a hug and ask about their kids, or their parents. I am more the type to pretend like I didn't see the person and keep walking. Todd told me the other day that he could tell me the names of all 132 people in his graduating class. Wow. I love that people are drawn to him and I love that he makes everyone feel like they are old friends. I have ALOT to learn from that.

Apologies to those who don't want to hear about Todd for the next 26 days. Tough luck. This is one of his birthday presents.

No comments: