Birthday Babe

DSC_0002 DSC_0009 DSC_0009DSC_0012

Todd woke up this morning to me calling him on the phone asking him if he would pretty please come downstairs. I had hung this banner the girls and I made at work last night, and was standing in the living room strapped in to the new wakeboard I got him. He looked so cute in his jammies, half awake half asleep. He was like a kid coming down the stairs on Christmas. He had NO idea I what I was getting him. Which was SUHWEET cause every year he always seems to know what I am getting him—pesky little bugger checks the stupid online bank statement everyday. The bamboozlement of surprise was even more of a reaction than I had hoped. We had big plans to eat at VI for breakfast, but he was the cutest and told me that he would rather fall asleep beside me instead of going to breakfast (I had just got done working all night). After 4 short hours we stopped napping and went and had a Birthday lunch. Of all the fabulous places in Salt Lake, he wanted In-N-Out. He said since it was his birthday he was going to splurge and get the double-double. Big Spender… I know. Unfortunately we both had to be grown ups and go to work after that-frowny face. But he came and spent an hour with me at work tonight, we walked to the Primary Children’s cafeteria and got a slice of cheesecake and pretended I made it for his birthday. Wow, we are so awesome it blows my mind.

P.S I have moved 27 days of Todd to the bathroom mirror, a much more appropriate place for some of the things I have to write.  

1 comment:

aly said...

Suzy, you are a cute wife and a happy birthday to you Todd!