Dear love child

        We feel terrible that you don’t already have a name. We are dangerously close to agreeing on your name however. For now we call you chica, baby, or love child. We had a great day yesterday. Your heart beat was 155 just as strong and regular as it could be, and your AFP was normal. I thought for sure I had given you a neural tube defect on top of your other little issue due to my lackage of prenatal vitamins, but nope. We are 17.5 weeks along and I am still losing weight, I am super bummed and starting to get a little nervous. I thought for sure with Thanksgiving I would have gained something, but no dice. This is the week though, with a fridge full of ensures, ice cream and a force feed myself hourly plan I have to gain weight. I definitely have a little baby bump going on though, so I know you are at least growing in there. What else is growing is your wardrobe! Thanks to your friends and family. I love how positive everyone is being in their hope that you are making it here. You have to make it! You have a closet filling up with tutu’s and leg warmers and sparkly sweat suits! You’ll make it, I really truly believe you will. Love, mom.       

No comments: