Our Love Nest

         There was a patient I was really close to, his name was Clyde. He was very sick and so I got to spend alot of time in his room. He was always offering up little pearls of advice and wisdom. One of the things he told me was that my husband and I needed to buy a house. He said there is nothing better for a young couple than to own a little house and make it their own together. A few months later we bought our cute little townhome on old station way. It didn’t make much sense at the time, because we thought we would be moving in a few years to dental school, but really felt strongly that we should buy this place. So we did, and lo and behold everything has worked out perfectly. We are constantly doing projects and changing things up. When we got it, it was really dated and only had white walls. We overhauled the kitchen and living room and have painted basically everything. Todds obsessed with can lights and tries to put them every square foot. Currently we are having so much fun making todds office an office/guest room and transforming the t.v room into a cute girly nursery. 

download This is our friend Randy at South Fork Hardware. We call him “Dad” because he is always walking us through our projects. This is him actually putting together our plumbing fixture for us. We love South Fork Hardware.

IMAG0072

IMAG0049

A little building for Todd, a new garbage disposal and some paint swatches for me.

IMAG0064   

IMAG0117

 

 

A desk we made from a kitchen butchers block, and a mantle we found at a local antique shop that we love. I love when we get on our project kicks, and love that I have a rugged husband who knows how to do all this stuff. Mostly, I just love this place. It is home, and it is happiness. Thanks Clyde you were right.    

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so cute. i'm excited for when we finally get out of the apartment living and have a home to work on.

ps. love the mantle!!!!