This Thanksgiving is one I will never forget. I have been more grateful this year than ever before. This year I am overwhelmed with gratitude because God gave our family a miracle. This week we’ve been hit hard learning about how fragile life is. Wednesday morning at 6:15 a.m Todds brother Barry and his wife Karin and a friends child were driving home from the airport. There was a crazy woman driving down the freeway without her lights on. It was pitch black outside. At 65 miles an hour, the two cars collided. Barry was able to swerve a little bit avoiding a complete head on collision, but the two cars hit. The cars were flung to separate sides of the freeway, just seconds before a semi passed through the small space in the middle of them. Only the little girl was wearing her seat belt. Barry and Karin are both in the ICU in pretty rough shape. They have each been to surgery twice, with more to come. Luckily, both of them are expected to make a full recovery, but the road will be long. My heart feels like 1,000 pounds. Karin is my closest friend in the Holman family. She is always the person I want there because I feel like she knows me the best. 2 years of nursing school, and being in the family the exact same amount of time did that for us. To think of her in so much pain hurts my heart. The EMT on the scene said he has never seen anyone so courageous. With a broken arm, severely fractured legs and hip he said she was so brave and strong as they pulled her from the car that she was smashed in. I love Karin with all my heart and hate so much that she is going through this. Barry is as tough as an ox, so I have a little easier time with him being so hurt. But, it is just all so hard. They have 9 children together. I hate it, some moments I can’t even deal with it. I hate watching people we love so much suffer so much. I do know that there will be much good to come from it, and believe that it happened for a reason. It is going to be a learning experience for all of us. Thanksgiving day my mom told us that my beloved Aunt Nadine is passing away after a hard fight with cancer. The day after Todds really close family friend Jim Westwood passed away in a car accident. This Thanksgiving I am grateful for life, for miracles, for the angels that obviously have watchful care over us. I am grateful for time, grateful for the little moments. I am grateful for my eternal family, health, the comforter, grateful for lessons learned and very grateful that all wounds can heal.
A lot to be thankful for…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that is so scary! hope they both have a full recovery. when are you coming back to work? i miss you!
i wish the best for the both! its so hard. hope they get well soon!
Your mother in law is dear friends with my mother in law, she called the Linderman house Thanksgiving mornign to tell Sandra about the accident and I was just sick for your family. We've been thinking about and praying for all of you.
I love too Suzy and have always wished I coùld be be more like you! I am also praying for the health of your little one and can't wait to see her sweet little face - of course you and Todd will make a beautiful little girl! Love you lots - Karin
Post a Comment