We played
Then crashed
Everyone came home for the first time in two and half years. It was the best weekend. I have no idea how eight completely different personalities came from the same 2 people. For being two moderately subdued people, they sure created some crazy children. I spent the weekend laughing and wishing that we were able to be together more often. Guy on a buffalo was the running joke of the weekend, Luke told Dad he would give him 20 bucks if he could incorporate the guy on the buffalo into his church talk on Sunday, and he did it. The first day we met up at Craigos and kicked off the weekend with lunch, the boys then went golfing and the girls went home and tried on dozens of outfits for family pictures. It was so funny to see how different we looked in the exact same clothes. Wait, maybe funny isn't the right word, seeing how at one point I was in tears that my sisters and my mom are a size zero, and I am size... I won't even write it because I may start crying again. It's okay, I will lose the baby weight eventually.
We made it up to the cabin at 9:00. We watched the playoffs while munching on junk food for a while and then the you-tube hysteria began. We put you tube up on the big screen and laughed until we were sick over guy on a buffalo, streaking by the quad, and bad lip syncing. I think there was a little Brian Regan in there and a few other ones too, I can't remember. The next day was a FULL day of fun. Luke and Zach tried to fish, the boys wake boarded in the ice cold water (Todd wake boarded fully clothed), we played volleyball, tennis, ping-pong, there may or may not have been a little breaking and entering by Zach and Todd, ate pounds of chocolate, four-wheeled, rode bikes.. You name it we did it. My favorite part was at night we played games. Any game where multiple tuttle and Top Gun references are made, and comments like "the pink panther ate Johnny Depp," "eating hot dogs by moonlight on madison high school" "this shoe is as big as a monkeys face" are acceptable equals a good game in my book. Then we watched Warrior. Saturday we went home and we all went and did sealings in the temple. Pretty cool to have my whole family in the temple together. However, I don't think the sealer thought it was very cool when we all got the giggles during a few sealings. Shoot my ILS strikes again. (inappropriate laughter syndrome). After everyone crashed for a while we all got ready for pictures. I was happy all of the clothes I picked out for everyone worked out and the pictures turned out really cute. I loved my brothers all trying to be serious, and I loved it when Dad was being funny by puffing out his chest and then he tripped on a log and fell backward. Being with my whole family might be my favorite thing in the whole world. I love my brothers and sisters so much and feel so lucky and honored to be their sister. I sometimes wonder how it all worked out in heaven before we were born, did we pick each other as siblings, did our parents pick us? That's something I want to know someday. However it worked out, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have such a FUN, tight, drama free family. Families like us are rare, and I know I am so blessed to be a part of one.




No comments:
Post a Comment