Gone Fishin'



          This week we found ourselves a fun new hobby. Who knew that fishing was fun? I have caught three fish total in my life, until this week. Combined this week we have caught seven fishes! We have had the most success just hanging out on the dock. We put the poles in the little holders and wait. We then see the pole start to bob up and down, and that is the point where I start screaming and reeling it in while Todd maneuvers the fish into the net. One of us is holding the baby, which makes both jobs kind of tricky (unless we are wearing the baby bjorn-that helps). The first night we took our worms that we had dug up and went way back into a corner of the lake where fish were jumping all around us. It was so still and peaceful, we watched the sunset and fished until after dark.The next night we did the same with my parents. It wasn't until Friday we discovered that dock fishing was the best. My mom gutted the first few fish for us, and then I told Todd he probably couldn't call himself a real man if his mother-in-law had to gut his fish for him. So my mom instructed him what to do, and he took it from there. I'm just surprised at how much fun it is when you are actually catching fish. I have another container of worms in the fridge, and as soon as Todd gets through 20 more pages of studies we are hitting the docks again. Oh, the Holmans will be so proud. Wish us luck.

No comments: