
So, Utes are an ethnically related group of American Indians that live primarily in Utah and Colorado. So why in the world do they have this freaky possessed bird mascot thing (pictured above) walking around and scarring children for life? I think they are confused. No wait, I think everyone is confused. Why do sports teams insist on being represented by humans in massive terrifying animal suits? The first picture, is the Lakers mascot proving my point about mascots scarring children for life. 2nd and 3rd, Todd and I proudly supporting the Utes, 4th the possessed falcon Ute mascot. 5Th the disturbing sonics chubaka, the Mariners Moose and who knows what that blue thing is. Anyway keep your children away, or bad dreams and mascot phobia counseling are inevitable. Go UTES!
5 comments:
How have you managed to not be disowned by your family? Ute Fans?! Come, on Suze! Please...you're turning to the dark side. Come back!
Umm...I must admit that I have never thought extensively on this subject...How do you think of these things?
I completely agree with you. Mascots are scary, and they stink to high heaven. (the BO on the person sweating to death inside that outfit is r-a-n-k) I found this picture and thought of you. paste the link into your browser window. http://data1.blog.de/blog/c/confessionsofatwentysomething/img/LCFC-Open-Day-2005-041.jpg This mascot is a frightening mix between Santa Claus and Satan. Makes you think twice about moving to a neighborhood where your child might have to go any school with the "devils" as their mascot...
Sue, I actually posted it before his email, but after just reading it...yes that thought did come into my mind and I emailed him back to help him see the light. This light being that I am the best and his favorite! I mean, I am. We were pretty dang close! :)and you are just sue the POO! :) j/k I love you!
Suzy Q - just for you, in response to the comment on my blog...all about jello and utah. What a good cousin I am - you direct me to research something and I do it. How do you like them apples...or shredded carrots in jello as this subject might dictate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jell-O_Belt
Post a Comment