
That is one voice mail you don't get everyday. I'm typing the exact wording of the message."Hi Suzy it's Brynne (the renters of the town home that Todd and I own) umm we are standing outside of your house and the firemen are in there. Um I'm so sorry but we had an accident while cooking with oil in your kitchen, they won't let us go back in because it is still like in flames and really smoky, but don't worry every things perfectly fine. Call us back." Ha ha, I love a few things about this message. Number one I love the details about the flames--- I probably would have been a little less freaked out without envisioning flames coming from the place Todd and I made memories the first year of lives, not to mention all the money we saved to buy it(with my dads help of course). #2 Don't worry everything is PERFECTLY fine. Yep, everything is great with the "firemen" and the"flaming", "smoking" house of yours that's going to burn down. Awesome. Anyways I called her back 9 hours later after my shift ended and I got the message, she went on to tell me that everything is basically ruined in the kitchen stove-cabinets--fridge--ceiling--dishwasher, but the fire was"pretty much" contained to there. But, Todd and I are completely stoked about it, because they had insurance, we had insurance so we are covered and plus we had alot of updates we wanted to do, so now is the perfect time... or mandatory time to do them. So I'm picturing laminate flooring, stainless steel appliances,nice cabinets, nice counters, new carpet everywhere (the restoration dude said we'd need all new carpets). Anyways I'm pumped, now I'm just feeling super bad for our renters. We truly love them, they are the best tenants anyone could ask for (minus the whole catching the house on fire thing). No big deal right?
5 comments:
Holy cow! At least you get all those new updates, right? I hope everyone's ok!
Wow. You are so lucky that they had renter's insurance. I thought her voicemail was hilrious. I think you handled this entire thing better than I would..I tend to be a feaker-outer. I will have to remember to take an ote from you and view a ruined kitchen as a means to new carpets. Good luck!
that is my biggest worry, having my house burn down, or my apartment, while i am gone, that would suck~ sadness, well at least you are looking at the positive outcome!!
What???!! Why don't we know about this? Your house was on fire? Thats crazy! As always though you always see the bright side of everything, you are awesome! Glad things are good at work, we missed you this weekend.
oh my gosh!! You have got to be kidding me. At first I totally thought that was just like a little prank that you were playing on us! ha that is a great voicemail I have to say! haha way to stay calm Brynne. haha Nice work on the attitude of updates though!! that sounds wonderful...
Post a Comment