“Cautiously Optimistic”

Dear baby,

           Yesterday we got to see you again. You look SO adorable. You had a teency bladder, and cute little fingers and toes. Your bones and your spine lit up all white and were just the cutest things we’ve ever seen. In one of the pictures you stretched out your legs as long as they could go and pointed your toes. Are you going to be a dancer little one? We’ll see. The rest of your genetic tests came back normal. All 46 chromosomes for you. The down side of the day, was your cystic hygroma was bigger than last time. Not as big as it was when it was huge, but bigger than last time. Your neonatologist said that it was not alarming, and told us to keep our fingers crossed it will be gone by your next ultrasound in a few weeks. She said that if it was gone by then we have cause to be “cautiously optimistic.” So, that is what we are being. In 10 weeks we go to Primary Childrens and their fetal cardiologists will look really closely at your heart. The hygroma tells us that it is likely that there is something wrong and hopefully they will be able to tell us what it is. How lucky are we that there is a top children's hospital right by us, so that if your little heart needs some help, the best of the best will be able to do it. Maybe there won’t be anything wrong and you are fixing it yourself. You must be working hard in there or something, because you are still making me sicker than a dog. I lost another pound, and am struggling to make it back up to my pre-pregnancy weight, but am determined to gain some weight this week. I’m debating eating a container of sour cream, then washing it down with a carton heavy whipping cream for lunch. Nothing sounds good/tastes good or stays in my stomach anyways, so I might as well put something high calorie in there for a minute or two right? Sounds delicious. Wish me luck.  Love,mom.   

5 comments:

Ford said...

I am so happy that the genetic tests came back good. I hope that everything else continues to improve. I wish you and cute baby girl the best of luck!

Powell's Place said...

Good luck with all the tests. So I was terribly sick with my pregnancy, too (ended up in the ER to get fluids), and as a heads up...my doctor told me to stay away from all dairy, citrus, and tomato products because they are hard to digest. I finally ended up drinking Ensure to get my calories. Strawberry is actually pretty good. Just make sure to put it in the fridge so it is cold :).

Kurt and Jordan said...

Soo fun to be able to see the baby!!! sending you good vibes for all your tests coming up:) Love ya!

Karin said...

Thanks for keeping us updated - you are always in our prayers. I think of you often and wonder how things are going. We love you guys and hope for the best - won't it be fun when she beats all the odds - seriously if anyone's baby could do that if would be your's! I love ultrasounds - it's fun for me to get to see so many at my job - not much better then seeing your little baby move all around and see that heart beating. Love you guys - Karin

The Murray Family said...

Glad to hear your good news. Keep being optimistic! Keep up the notes to the baby, one thing I didnt do and wished I did. Good luck with everything.