The First Waterbirth



My best friend Kim is due to bring Peyton Rider Ferney into the world on June 27th. I have been researching the best methods of childbirth for her and little Peyton. She is convinced that a hospital lithotamy position birth is best, but I'm a big advocate of the newest trend in birthing. Waterbirths. So what is waterbirth?A waterbirth involves immersing yourself in a knee-high pool of warm water during labour and/ or your baby's birth. It has been proven that water birthed children are better swimmers later in life, hold their breath longer, are smarter because they are usually home schooled. So kim, here is another option. I would also encourage the squatting method birth, all the rage in India. Or one of my personal faves hypnotic birthing. Good luck in your decision Kim. p.s I'll actually kill you if you don't have him in a hospital with an epidural...

3 comments:

JJ said...

Suzy Q! Howdy! So glad that I found your blog (via your sister's blog). Looks like you are having a blast.

My sister, a nursing comrade, would agree with you. Women that deliver in hospitals with epidurals are much easier to monitor/assist, etc. However, your delivery of that advice was hilarious!

Hilary said...

Tell Kim that she should also videotape the whole thing and maybe Pix 'n Flix could make a collectible dvd out of it. Additionally, I am sure that waterbirthed homeschooled children do not get immunized - who needs a DTAP anyway?

The McGuire Family said...

suzy this was SO FUNNY i laughted till i was crying and almost wet my pants. lol. that visual that you used was awesome!