I wonder who is more excited for me to have my baby, me, or my co-workers? I'm sure they can't wait for this little girl to come so they can stop hearing about my swollen ankles, my unrecognizable body parts and a whole lot of other graphic things that nurses talk about in the middle of the night. I absolutely love the people I work with. I have worked as a nurse on the Bone Marrow Transplant unit for almost four years now! They are like being part of a big dysfunctional family. These people have seen me at my best and worst. They have seen me stressed, hyper, happy, sad, chill, annoyed, frantic, hormonal and they have still liked me through it all (most of them I think). They have been 100% supportive of this crazy pregnancy of mine. They all picked up my slack when I was sick the first 20 weeks. They wrote sweet notes when they found out about the baby's cystic hygroma. They take the chemo patients for me and they let me go off on tangents. They let me kick my feet up and are super concerned I don't over do it. There are those that I work with who never miss telling me how cute I look pregnant, and there are others who don't even lie and will make fun of my waddle and my scrubs that I try to squeeze into. It seems like through this pregnancy someone was always shoving food and treats in my hand to eat and was asking if I was okay. I am well taken care of in this place. I know that this unit is one of the greatest blessings in my life.
My co-workers threw me this amazing shower and were so over the top generous. Dr's, pharmacists, nutritionists, social workers... so many donated to get us gifts. My dear friend Brenda did most of the work by making darling decorations and cooking all my favorite treats. Tons of people brought food and we just ate and partied. (Not everyone was in the pictures because of shift report.. shoot) Thank you BMT family!


No comments:
Post a Comment