Finals Week Curse

Every finals week there seems to be some unlucky happenings in our lives, whether it be massive cold sores, multiple speeding tickets, or complete emotional breakdowns. Bad things always happen at this time. This semesters unlucky happening was a hurricane Katrina of a problem... Todd has been working on his research paper all semester (OK really the last two weeks and once in a while). He asked if I would edit what he has so far. I did what I could to clean it up. Just as Todd was going to save all his work,the computer froze completely and the computer fan starting sounding like Bessie's generator. It took all the patience we had, which could fit in mason jar, to not throw the thing out the window. We tried several times to reboot it, but it never recovered. One hundred dollars, seven point five hours of backing up files, and three very frustrated BYU-I student computer tech's later we still have a non functional computer. However, the good news Todd finished his paper and thus far I am cold sore free. Hallelujah!

4 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

Yikes! This really does sound tragic! Way to pull through! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

Danielle and Brian said...

oh my suzy!!! cold sore free thats so awesome, but I'm so sorry about the stupid computer! I had the same issue except ALL and im not kidding every single picture got erased some own and no one could restore them!! SAD!! but I'm glad he got the paper done! :)

the Virgins said...

SUZY!! I am so glad you have a blog, now we can stay in touch! That story was funny, I laughed pretty hard :). That actually happened to justin awhile ago but it really did erase and I woke up to him kicking the printer hahahaha. Anyways..when are you going to move to UTAH!? Only 3 more weeks and yes we are off to another long depressing summer :) only this time I am the ONLY wife going to our office! Sucky huh! We will miss you guys!! Love ya! Your blog is super cute!

the Virgins said...

hahaha thats so funny you said that because I HATE jason castro as well :) I just really like that song. lol so Yes I will join the club! Thats funny that you say you check it like every day because i do too...maybe even like 3 times a day! haha but anyways..we need to get together again, we miss you guys!