Just Trippin'

Gosh, it's so hard to be this cool 
 Yes, I spent 50% of the vacation in Todds sweaters
Hotel Coronado
 Point Loma Lighthouse
Todd LOVES lifting the 17 pound heavier me
      After the tide pools we headed to a cool San Diego look-out point by the Point Loma lighthouse. We then saw and laughed about the Cabrillo National Monument and then we creeped around peeking in the windows of our little dream motor home we found parked in the parking lot. After that we explored the gorgeous Coronado beach. We were then led on a search for firewood that landed us deep in the spanish branch section of San Diego. I loved listening to Todd complain incessantly about the cash only joints, and the bad roads of California. We finally found firewood and hot dog sticks at a Wal Mart in National City. After that we stopped at Jack in the Box to steal some ketchup and mustard packets for our weenie roast that night. 

         I love exploring new places with Todd even if they are sketchy places that we never hope we have to see again. Some of my favorite moments on trips are the little ones, like where Todd is driving through the city while drinking a mountain dew in one hand with the GPS in the other, while I shoot photos out the window and yell out houses or views that he has to look at. It reminds me of being on motorhome trips with my family. My dad would have the map spread over the big old motorhome wheel while he maneuvered through the city. On these trips we always talk about trips we took as kids. Todds family would pile into their suburban and take a huge two week trip every summer, and I spent my summers in "bessie" traveling from baseball tournament to baseball tournament. We are now amazed at what our parents were brave enough and cool enough to do with eight kids. We hope we can provide our kids with as memorable of trip experiences as they did for us. Hopefully our trips will just be better documented and entail better restaurants than our trips growing up.   

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so so cute you guys! I want to see more baby bump pictures!!!

Emma said...

awesome