It's kind of funny that my family goes to state with the Madison Bobcats every year, even if we don't have any siblings playing. It's just something we've done ever since I was little. I LOVE state basketball. I love being in Boise, I love the shopping, the food, the hotel stay, the Idaho Center, the red garb, the free chocolate milk, the familiar faces of Rexburg, Billy Hawkins, the United Dairy Men of Idaho... I love everything state related. We were super bummed this year because we didn't think we would be going. It didn't make any sense to go. Todd had school all day Friday so we would only be there one day and we have been driving to Idaho so much lately, so we decided to pass this year... Until 10:00p.m Friday night. Todd and I were out enjoying a lovely dinner at P.F Changs trying not to think about my whole family together in Boise when we got bombarded with texts from my siblings telling us that Madison had won and that we needed to get our butts to Boise. We sat in the restaurant for twenty minutes telling ourselves the many reasons why we shouldn't go, telling each other how stupid and irrational it was. Then lo and behold we got the check early and embarked to Boise. We got there at 2:00 a.m and slept in the queen bed with my little brother Rhett. We spent the next day shopping and eating and the boys went golfing. The game was totally disappointing and we ended up getting second, but just being there was totally worth it. We all went and slept at my sister Hilarys house that night. We capped the night off with a little "Mudcats" (a new must watch for all Swamp People lovers like me), a little BYU basketball and a lot of laughing. It was another awesome state trip, and I'm glad we didn't let ourselves miss out. Until next year Boise, Go CATS.


No comments:
Post a Comment