F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Sometimes I get scared that I have so many great friends. I'm scared that God wants me to fill my canteen with friendship during this time of my life. Because very soon we will move away--- not know a soul and be friendless forever. Or until we end up settling for those kind of weird, but semi-tolerable people from the ward type of friends. I know these people we will move away from will always stay friends. But, living far away you lose the ability to get together for Sunday dinner and football games. You lose the chance to meet up for a quick lunch, or go for walks around the park. If I dwell on it too long, I start crying. Then I start panicking, and wondering if there is some website like match.com for friends out there, possibly some sort of Tinder arrangement where our friendships can start solely off looks and style comparability? I'll stop. I need to dwell on how freaking much fun my friends are now. I am grateful to have many girl friends, and so grateful that Todd and I have found so many perfect "couple friends." I feel like a perfect couple pairing is a rare gem in this world, and somehow we've found a handful of them. Kid friends- man are those easy to come by. Lucy instantly makes BF's with other kids in Costco carts. She idolizes older kids (like Peyton- she is obsessed) and can have a good giggle with really anything that moves. She'll be fine wherever we move. Hopefully, she can teach her mama a few tips on picking up friends when that time comes. Until then, I look forward to my days full of belly laughs and good times with the friends I have now.

No comments: