Things You Should Never Attempt With a Toddler


Parenting is a big ol' dangerous experiment in trial and error for us at the Holman house. There are a few things I feel like you should never attempt with a toddler around. Top of that do not attempt list is: Cleaning out your pantry. Unloading and reloading five shelves worth of expired food cans and cereal boxes full of weevels is not something that should be done with a curious and very "helpful" little one around. Apparently from this picture you can tell I don't think you should ever clean your mirrors either. **Note to self: clean this mirror before my Mom comes to visit again, or she will do it for me** Lucy ingested half a container of Crystal Light powder before I caught her. Once I discovered her inhaling her treat, I ran to take it away from her. She immediately threw the container on the floor and ran to hide. Stained mouth, failing liver and all. Awesome. 
Another thing you should never attempt, is anything made on Pinterest. Ever. 
I'd sort of like to punch whoever first pinned the "hide the toys in the cereal" scam. Seriously? Why does this go so much better for moms in the pictures? 
I believe you should never cook a nutritious meal with a toddler around--- hence 14 boxes of Suddenly Salad. (okay I don't really believe this, I'm not sure how I accumulated so many boxes of this "just add Mayo" goodness)
You should probably never attempt to re-attach the dollar store Barbies legs to her body. Trust me- not worth your time, or your dollar. Who doesn't want to play with a topless, inverted breasted, one armed, no legged barbie??
Please pretend that this is the "after" photo from my pantry. Also pretend that my pantry project is actually complete and that the odds and ends of the project haven't just relocated to my kitchen counter. Please and thank you.  

3 comments:

Powell's Place said...

I always shake my head when I see the pinterest posts about anything related to a child digging through food. I'm not sure if my son is abnormally destructive (probably) but they would all end horrifically for us too!

Unknown said...

I love this post. You are hilarious. I could add about a hundred more things to this list. Maybe... cleaning out the pantry with your curious toddler who is allergic to EVERYTHING IN IT... helping. That wasn't my brightest idea. Or cleaning the bathroom with my so NOT non-toxic chemicals over here. It's amazing we're all alive over here... ;}


2000&Peach.

Clarissa Meegan said...

Don't ever stop posting. Your comment about the barbie made me laugh harder than i have in a long time.