Our Miracle Girl

tomsbabyourmiraclegirl

        Oh my goodness there are literally no words to express how I’m feeling. We are having a little baby girl. A little genetically perfect little girl. No down syndrome, no noonans, nothing crazy. Todd was so excited that she didn’t have turners that he posted this on his face book “great news!!!! Dos equis!!! (two x's)” I was so mad; first, that he announced her by making a beer reference and second, that he TOTALLY stole my thunder in announcing her. Oh well, I’m over it. After 3 excruciatingly long days of zero sleep, anxiety, worry, tears, and minor freak outs they finally called me with the results. I was at home alone and asked if I should wait for the results until I was with Todd. She said she didn’t think so because the preliminary results were NORMAL. Then she told me we were having a little baby girl. Tears streamed down my face as I tried to write notes about what she was saying. I couldn’t believe it. How did she beat the odds…again? I drove like crazy to Todds school where he met me outside. I sprinted up to him and wrapped my arms and legs around him. He just started laughing. It was so fun to tell him we were having a little girl. He has told me since we were dating he wanted a girl first. I brought this cute little angel Halloween costume with me. He stood out by the dental school and as all of his friends came out for lunch he held the little outfit above his head like a trophy. There were lots of hugs and high fives, it was a great moment. It was a great day.

 

       As for you baby girl, they are still only giving you about a 30% chance of you making it to us. Because your genetics are all normal it must be some structural defect causing the problem. They told us it is most likely your heart. Your dad and I are rolling our eyes at the 30%. We think you have better odds than that. You are stronger than that, we just know it. Plus, did you know you have hundreds of people praying for you? How could it not be okay with all of those prayers. None the less, we will continue to treasure every second with you. You have brought such a special spirit and peace to our home that we hope never leaves. I have seen a more subdued version of your dad for the past few weeks, but today he is back to his old antics of teasing me ruthlessly and dancing around. He tells me that you are a strong willed baby, and that you and I will probably butt heads a lot in the future. I sure hope so little girl, I sure hope so. Love, mom. 

9 comments:

Toshi's Tidbits said...

So GREAT SUZ! SO GREAT!!
we are rooting for her!

~Tiffany said...

Amazing!!! So glad to hear such great news!! :)

Tyler and Callie said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Chipmunk I got the chills all over while reading this. Such good news! You, Todd, and little miss Holman are in our prayers:) I heart you.

RACHAEL said...

i'm so happy for you i'm just crying my little eyes out. i am one of those hundreds praying for you!!! i love you and thank about you all the time. i'm so happy she is doing better!!!! love you!!!!

Mrs. Barton said...

Todd and Suzy!!!
Do you know you are telling our story? Cole had a cystic hygroma, along with other multiple complications. The flood of memories and tears have been falling as we read your blog. Our prayers are among the MANY out their for your family.
Love,
Tyler and Sharee Barton

Mrs. Barton said...

One more thing,
After Cole was born they diagnosed him with Jugular Lymphatic Obstruction Sequence. You may want to look that one up.
Keep the Faith!

Chelsi said...

Hi Cousin -

I have been completely out of the loop for awhile and somehow missed the memo that you were even pregnant at all! I just spent the last 40 minutes rereading your journey via blog posts and:
1- you are a BEAUTIFUL writer
2 - You have such a sweet testimony. What a great example.
3- Our Heavenly Father DOES have a plan for each of us. Trev and I were told we'd never have children. That if we wanted to get pregnant we'd likely have to try INF and even then that because of issues with my uterus, I might never carry to term. I was terrified the entire time I was pregnant. So many of your thoughts were similar to thoughts I experienced. My miracle baby lies in the next room with wild blonde hair and polka dot pajamas. I hope two years down the road finds you in this same position. Prayin for you sweetheart.

Megan said...

Aww Suz! That makes me so happy! You are a great example! I will keep praying for you and your sweet little family!

Powell's Place said...

She's a fighter! I've been reading your blog and catching up, and I just have to say that if anyone could handle a little angle like this, it is you. You are so strong and can handle anything! Congratulations on the baby! She's going to be a dolly.